İdil's Blanket

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Here's the blanket I crocheted a few months ago for my sister-in-law's beautiful daughter, İdil. This is my first project ever. The pattern is called "Easy Ripple Afghan" -no wonder why I have preferred it- which I found to be so addictive that in the end, it turned out to be more a knee rug than a baby blanket! Well, hopefully İdil will enjoy its warmth and softness for many years to come!




My intention here was to create a cosy but unusual colour combination for a baby blanket, I mean something definitely not pink and white. And I am quite happy with the result. The purple edgings on each side were my addition to the original pattern and I think they make the blanket more complete.  Well, either way, if you would like to give it a try with your choice of colours, the pattern is available here. Happy crocheting!

1 comments:

aslı'nın mutfağı said...

Well, İdil is a lucky baby to have you as her aunt - this is such a nice work!

Post a Comment